The Clerk & Recorders office houses all of the recorded documents in the county (deeds, mortgages, birth/death certificates, DD214’s, etc.).
Clerk & Recorders Office
512 East Main Street
Cut Bank, MT 59427
Clerk & Recorder/Elections Administrator
Glenda M. Hall
Deputy Recording Clerk
Deputy Assistant Elections Administrator
L. Diane Proefrock
Deputy Claims Clerk
Deputy Payroll Clerk
Mary Ann Boggs
The staff of the Clerk and Recorders office, issue Birth Certificates, Death Certificates, and DD 214's. Any one of our employee's in the office can issue a certified copy of the three items below. (Birth Cert. Death Cert. DD 214's, click on it and it will link you to the request form that you need.)
$5.00 per certified copy
Who can get them?
If the registrant is 14 years or older, registrant's spouse, children (with proof of relationship), parents, grandparents (with proof of relationship), a caretaker relative, guardian, an authorized representative, or those who provide documentation showing it is needed for determination or protection of the individuals personal or property rights. Proof of relationship, guardianship, caretaker relative, or authorization is required to obtain a certify copy of the Birth Record.
If the registrant gives the person written permission, with the name of the person who his/her is allowing to pick it up with registrant's pertinent information and the registrant's copy of his/her photo ID with signature someone other than the registrant may pick it up. The intended person will also have to fill out a request form and present his photo ID, and pay the required fee.
$3.00 each certified copy and .50 for informational copy
Anyone with the general knowledge of the person who had passed on and the date of death, they should have their photo ID as well.
To get a replacement copy calls the VA Regional Office at 1800-827-1000, then come to the Glacier County Courthouse and have it recorded.
Loretta Torgerson is our main Recording clerk if you have questions please feel free to contact her at 406-873-3610. (Name and number at the top of page)
Standard Recorded Document is $7.00 dollars per page
Non-Standard is $7.00 per page plus $10.00 per document
DOCUMENT STANDARDS 7-4-2636 MCA- new law takes effect 10-1-2011
All documents that are acknowledged as having been executed prior to 4-28-07 are accepted for recording as a
standard document. The fee will be $7.00 per page..
Unless accompanied by the fee required in 7-4-2637(2), all documents submitted for recording must meet the following requirements:
1. Margin requirements are: 3" at top of 1st page, at least 1" at top of all subsequent pages, 1" at bottom of each page, at least 1/2" on sides of each page. If an insignificant portion of the signature (such as the "tail-end" of the last letter) is in the margin the document will be standard. If a portion of the signature in the margin is a designation such as: Sr., Jr., II, Ill, POA or Attorney-In-Fact; these designations will be considered significant and cause the document to be non-standard.
2. Include the name and mailing address of the person to whom the document is to be returned in the margin in the upper left-hand corner of the 1st page of each document which may be legibly printed in ink or typed. The document is non-standard if no return address is included in the upper left-hand corner of the 1st page. Documents will be returned to the address written on the document--- NO EXCEPTIONS! If the submitter would like the document sent to an alternate address, they MUST write it on the document BEFORE recording.
3. Except for page numbers or other administrative information or designations all margins must be clear of all markings. The document standards committee has determined that other designations may be:
a. form numbers
b. form names
c. last date form updated
d. fax transmittal information
e. tribal information
h. order numbers
i. name of lending institution
4. The document must be legibly printed or typed in blue or black ink on white paper that is either 8 '1/2 x 11" or 8 '1/2 x 14" in size. Addresses of grantees must be in blue or black ink when legibly printed in. A whole document legibly printed in blue or black ink, meeting all other document standards, is a standard document. A whole document that is written in cursive is nonstandard.
5. If a document conveys an interest in real property a legal description of the property must be provided. Documents that convey an interest in real property may include, but is not limited to, the following:
b. contracts for deed
d. deeds of trust/trust indentures/mortgages
f. declarations of homestead
g. any document requiring an RTC
A street address is not a legal description of the property, nor is a deed reference. The full metes and bounds description; subdivision with lot number or certificate of survey number must be included on the document.
Substitutions of Trustee do not need a legal description, just a reference to a previously recorded document.
6. Provide the names of the parties to the conveyance on the 1st or 2nd page of any document with more than one page.
An acknowledgment by a notary is exempt from the color and margin requirements of this section. The notary seal must be legible.
An officially certified court or other government document, whether from an in-state or out-of-state office, is exempt from the provisions of this section. Government documents include Department of Transportation documents and Declaration of Intent to Declare a Mobile Home real property. These documents will always be considered standard.
A document which includes highlighting is a non-standard document. Be sure to put in the note field of your program that the document contained highlights which may not show up on the scanned image and microfilm.
History: En. Sec. 1, Ch. 571, L. 2003.
© 2009 Glacier County Montana
Website by Morrison-Maierle Systems Corp.